Welcoming Communities Initiative
The Centre for Newcomers' Vision is a community in which people find and create opportunities to fulfill their dreams and participate fully as citizens. The Centre engages and participates actively in the community through partnerships with community organizations while contributing to community based delivery of services to immigrants by supporting mainstream organizations in redeveloping and expand the services through services to make this more accessible to newcomers.
Welcoming Communities invite new immigrants to fully particpate in civil society and foster more inclusive communities and workplaces for new immigrants. This program works with the communities and individuals in creating positive spaces for social, economic and cultural integration. Our participation in the community is based on partnerships with individuals and organizations who come together to achieve a common objective while harnessing all resources.
Our success is achieved through inclusive practices and effective relationships between newcomers and the broader Calgary community.
What does the program offer?
- Positive, transformative, relationships with institutions, organizations and communities
- Proactive community response to newcomer settlement needs
- Discussions and education forums on newcomer issues
- Engages institutions, communities and individuals in translating diversity and inclusion understanding into concrete actions
- Improve communities, foster social inclusion and the economic performance of newcomers
- Individuals expand networks and build strong connections
- Institutions/organizations become leaders in promoting inclusive, welcoming communities in the work place
- Discover and utilize strengths and skills of newcomers
- Improve community image, enjoy a strong, safe, caring and cohesive community
- Participate in engaging, educative, issue-based forums relevant to newcomers settlement and integration
- All stakeholders who believe in supporting newcomers to Canada in making a better life in Calgary - companies, community groups, organizations, educational institutions and individuals.
The Welcoming Communities Initiative receives funding from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)