Come make a difference!
The Centre for Newcomers is an Alberta leader in providing a variety of settlement, language training and employment readiness services to immigrants. Our mission is to achieve the integration of newcomers in the community, through services and initiatives that promote diversity, participation and citizenship. We make a positive difference in the lives of all Calgarians by:
• Welcoming and supporting newcomers to settle and integrate
• Fostering a culture that is founded on respect, cooperation and trust
• Working collaboratively and in partnership.
Position Title: Manager, Finance and Administration
Program: Executive Administration
Posting Number: 15-003
This senior position will manage the overall financial operations and administrative support for the organization. As a member of the Management team, the Manager, Finance and Administration will contribute to the development of the Centre's mission, goals and strategies, while providing leadership to the staff and influence in the community
- Support senior management in the preparation of proposals, operating and annual budgets
- manage full-cycle accounting system: cash flow, banking, payables and receivables, risk analysis, payroll; supervision of accounting staff
- Prepare invoices and financial reports and analysis as scheduled
- Manage financial reporting in accordance with GAAP; monitor and keep current with legislative and regulatory environments. e.g. CRA Charity regulations
- Prepare timely, accurate financial statements, prepare statements for annual audit
- Manage business and receipting processes with agency donors, support tracking and analysis of donations
- Provide leadership with respect to shared services, including supervision of administrative support, facility management and IT functions
- Provide leadership with respect to analysis of internal business processes; identify issues and bring recommendations to the management
- Lead projects to support effective service delivery: e.g. forms development and control, document storage
- Provide leadership in the management team with respect to policy development and communication
- Provide leadership with respect to staff events and communication
- As an ambassador of the Centre, communicate the agency's vision, values and niche (key messages) to relevant external audiences
- Maintain effective relationships with agency sponsors, funders and donors
- Must possess a professional designation: CGA, CMA, CA, CPA
- Significant relevant work experience, including 3 - 5 years in the lead financial management role; ideally, in a small to mid-size business or not-for-profit organization
- Clear; concise report and proposal writer; makes excellent use of MS Office Suite for communications and presentation
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- High level of critical, logical thinking and analysis coupled with an ability to factor in people and values-centered criteria in problem solving and decision-making
- Culturally competent with an affinity to immigrant settlement and integration challenges
- Superb facilitation of meetings, crucial conversations, process and cultural change
To apply: Please forward your cover letter and resume quoting
Posting #15-003 to email@example.com
Posting open until position is filled.
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates short-listed will be contacted.
Please continue to check our website for future employment opportunities.