Come make a difference!
The Centre for Newcomers is an Alberta leader in providing services to immigrants. Our mission is to achieve the integration of newcomers in the community, through services and initiatives that promote diversity, participation and citizenship. We make a positive difference in the lives of all Calgarians by:
• Welcoming and supporting newcomers to settle and integrate
• Fostering a culture that is founded on respect, cooperation and trust
• Working collaboratively and in partnership.
Position: Training Program Assistant
(Regular, part-time: 25 hours per week)
The Role: The Training Program Assistant provides administrative support for the Program Co-ordinator, staff, contractors and clients to facilitate communications, application process, data entry, record-keeping, reporting and events in three employment training programs.
- Provide effective support for all administrative details of Business Communications for Accountants, EthniCity Catering and Next Steps training programs
- Respond using service excellence principles to phone, email and walk-in enquiries from potential program clients and those in the intake process
- Review, sort and organize potential participant applications; contact client to clarify questions or missing information as necessary
- Respond to phone and email enquiries from potential employers and other agencies
- Schedule and assist in conducting information sessions for program participants
- Create and modify documents, spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations
- Assist in the creation of statistical and narrative reports
- Provide assistance with program events e.g. orientation, graduation, guest speakers
- Prepare and maintain files for all program participants
- Accurate data entry of all client and participant information in the agency's database as well as funder databases as required
- Certificate or other relevant post-secondary education in Administration
- Previous administrative or clerical experience an asset
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Culturally competent; familiar serving clients from around the world
- Excellent, pro-active customer service skills
- Excellent skills in communication, interpersonal, critical thinking and time managmement
- Strong attention to detail and follo-up skills
- Excellent organizational, record keeping and clerical skills
To apply: Please forward your cover letter and resume quoting the posting #14-020 to email@example.com
Posting closes on December 23, 2014
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates short-listed will be contacted.
Please continue to check our website for other future employment opportunities.