ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAM
Improve your ability to read, write, listen and speak in English
The Language Training (LINC) program will help you learn more about using English for life and work in Canada. LINC classes are offered throughout the year.
The Centre for Newcomers offers the Canadian Government's official Language Instruction for New Canadians (LINC) program. In small classes, you can learn the speaking, reading, writing and listening skills you will need for your new life in Calgary.
What does the program offer?
Day, Evening and Saturday classes. Level 1-4
- Instruction in listening, speaking, reading and writing English
- Information about Canadian culture and communicating at home and at work
- Computer ESL instruction
- Community field trips and special guest speakers
- Learn how to effectively communicate in English
- Communicate better at work and in the community
- Learn at your own skill level and pace
- Measure your progress using the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs)
- Care for newcomer children, ages 18 months - 5 years for a limited number of students attending day classes
- 18 years of age or older
- An immigrant or refugee who is not a Canadian citizen
For more information contact:
Kerry Huang, Student Support Practitioner, 403.536.8818 firstname.lastname@example.org
This program receives funding from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)