Transition to Employment Services.
This program provides comprehensive and personalized services to EI recipients in Calgary and area for re-entry into the workforce. Clients may receive specialized technical training, childcare support and workers' benefits (WCB) while attending the program.
- Client assessments and individual service plans
- Employment readiness support through training and one-on-one counselling
- Industry-specific mentorship support
- Job placement/direct job matching or work experience support
- Organization of networking events with prospective employers
- Permanent Residents, Refugees, and Canadian Citizens over 18 years of age
- Must be unemployed or underemployed and seeking full-time work
- Must currently be receiving Employment Insurance (EI) or have received regular EI payments in the previous 5 years.
This program is funded by Alberta Labour
Do you have questions about how to find work in your occupation, or what training program to take?
Are you wondering what job you qualify for in Calgary?
Career Development and Job Search Services can help you reach your employment goal.
What does the service offer?
- Personalized assistance from a Career Development Practitioner, who will help you to clarify and work towards your career goals
- Job search and career development workshops
- A Job Search Centre equipped with a job board, online job search sites, workspace, computers, phone, fax, and a career and job search library
- An Advisor is always available to answer any questions
- Assistance in English and other languages
How will you benefit?
- Understand the Canadian job market and learn to manage workplace expectations
- Explore whether you need further training to meet your employment goal
- Understand how and where to find job opportunities
- Present your qualifications in a manner that is appealing to Canadian employers.
- Develop appropriate job search tools - including a professional resume and cover letter - and skills, including networking and interviewing
Do you qualify?
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or underemployed and looking for a job or training
Must book an appointment with a Career Practitioner
• English workshops - 2 nd and 3rd week of every month: Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
• Cover Letters and Resume Writing Techniques – Wednesdays from 9 am to 4:00 pm
• First language workshops - select days and time (please see a Career Practitioner for the weekly schedule)
This service is made possible through funding support from Alberta Community and Social Services