Job Search Workshops
You have the skills, education and experience. How do you move forward to find the right job?
Job Search workshops provide you with information and skills to guide you in your job search and find the position that suits your background and needs.
Five half-day sessions offered monthly aimed at motivating Income Support clients to gain a better understanding of options, identify positive choices towards change and develop job search skills.
Job Search – Education and Career Planning
Learn how to do Canadian job search
- Knowing effective job search strategies
- Developing resumes and cover letters that appeal to Canadian employers
- Accessing employers and building network
- Enhancing interview skills
- Understanding labour market demands and trends
- Establishing job objectives and finding the job fit
- Canadian Workplace Culture
Conducted in English and select first languages (Arabic, Amharic & Tigrigna, Cantonese & Mandarin, Punjabi, Hindi/Urdu, Filipino, Spanish, Sudanese and Vietnamese).
If you need career advice and job search help in Amharic or Tigrigna contact Birhane Girmay:
- Must book an appointment with a Career Practitioner
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or underemployed and looking for a job or training
- English workshops – 2nd and 3rd week of every month: Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Cover Letters and Resume Writing Techniques – First and last Wednesday of every month from 9 am to 4:00 pm.
- Online Job Search Workshop – (contact Lidia at firstname.lastname@example.org for monthly schedule).
- First language workshops – select days and time (please see a Career Practitioner for the weekly schedule).
Job Fairs and Employer Forums are also organized for job seekers to get access to relevant hiring information and employment opportunities from a pool of potential employers in various industries.
Visit our News & Events section for upcoming sessions.
For more information/book an appointment call 403.569.3325 or email@example.com