THIS CALL FOR PROPOSALS HAS NOPW BEEN CLOSED.
About Centre for Newcomers
Since 1988 the Centre for Newcomers (CFN) has been a key resource for immigrants and refugees of all nationalities in Calgary. A non-profit organization, CFN views the integration of newcomers as a two-way process of experience, influence and impact between newcomers and the communities that welcome them. CFN’s vision is a community that values diversity, in which people of all backgrounds find and create opportunities to fulfill dreams and participate fully as citizens. Our mission is to support newcomers and the receiving community in becoming a diverse, united community, through services and initiatives that create conditions of success for newcomers and that foster a welcoming environment in Calgary.
We believe that by welcoming newcomers, and supporting them to settle and integrate, by working collaboratively and in partnership, with a workplace culture that is founded on respect, co-operation and trust, we are making a positive difference in the lives of all Calgarians.
The Centre for newcomers (CFN) is seeking both an Indigenous artist and an immigrant or refugee artist to work together to create a wall sized mural for our new location. The mural will be an acknowledgment of our location on Treaty 7 land and the long history of the Territories Indigenous people; as well as a recognition of the many newcomers who have come from all corners of the globe to make Calgary their new home and build the future of Canada.
The mural will appear in the lobby of our new facilities, so as to be seen by all who enter.
*Note – the winning Indigenous and the newcomer artist bidders must be willing to be work together to create the desired goals of the project.
The goals of this project include the commissioned artwork to be:
• a visual representation of Treaty 7
• a visual representation of living in Calgary
• a visual representation of collaboration
• a visual representation of the welcoming nature of community
Scope of Work
• the mural must be no less than 7 feet in length X 5 feet in width and no more than 11 feet in length X 7 feet in width
• the artwork will not be created directly on the wall’s surface and must be movable
• the artwork can be on canvas or panels
• up to $10,000 (up to $5,000 per artist)
• This is inclusive of all supplies and tools needed etc. to complete the project.
Centre for Newcomers will evaluate bidders and proposals based on the following criteria:
● Previous experience /past history of work.
● Samples from previous work.
● Projected costs.
● Experience and technical expertise.
Bidders must adhere to the following guidelines to be considered:
Only bidders who meet all 4 metrics in the evaluation section should submit a proposal.
● Proposals must be sent in by March 15th , 2021.
● Include samples and references with your proposal.
● A proposed schedule must also be included and clearly expressed.
● Failure to comply to these guidelines will result in automatic rejection.
For questions or concerns connected to this RFP, please contact:
David Anthony Hohol
Centre For Newcomers
Manager, Communications & Marketing